REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The individual must possess knowledge, skills and ability to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Strong ability to successfully follow and provide written and oral instructions and recipes in English.
- Ability to provide the highest quality products and service to all customers at all times in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload and frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge and awareness of common food allergens and how to minimize cross-contact.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with team members regarding meals.
- Ability to be highly productive and efficient without sacrificing quality or safety standards.
- Ability to work and interact productively and cordially with a diverse community of management, co-workers, students, staff, faculty and other guests.
- Ability to seek, accept and use constructive feedback as a tool for continual professional development.
- Must have a positive attitude and great customer service skills to guests and team members alike.
- Effective and efficient organizational skills, with ability to focus in busy environment.
- Expertise with safe food handling standards, proper sanitation and workplace safety, with the ability to communicate and exemplify those standards with team members. These include Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HAACP) guidelines, ServSafe and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Skilled and proficient in the use of knives and a variety of commercial kitchen equipment.
- Proven ability to bring new or creative ideas to assigned area.
- Must have the ability to transport self to work reliably.
Education: High school diploma or GED; or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience: At least six months of directly related experience in a high-volume, fast paced food service operation. Previous experience with hot, cold, and exhibition style food preparation is desirable.
Licenses/Certifications: Must have a valid California Food Handler’s Permit.
Physical Requirements: This is a very active position. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, push, pull, stoop, twist, stretch, reach, lift up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level without assistance, and be able to work on feet for prolonged periods of time. Must have manual ability and dexterity to grasp, grip and safely operate commercial kitchen equipment. Must have high energy and stamina to keep up with a fast-paced, time-sensitive and heavy workload. The finalist will be required to undergo and successfully pass a post-offer physical test to verify the ability to perform the physical requirements of this position.
TO APPLY: Please visit our web site at https://pitzer.peopleadmin.com/ to complete the online application and have the following documents ready to upload:
- A Letter of Interest describing your reason for interest in this position and any qualification not captured in the online application; and
- A list of three Professional References, including their names, business titles, phone numbers, email addresses, and a description of how you are acquainted with them (e.g., former supervisor, coworker, etc.). Please note that references will only be contacted for top applicants and advance notification will be provided.