General Cook I - The Exchange (full-time, 12-months)
Posting Number: 20171274S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 412-Dining Services Operations
This person performs a variety of task including, but not limited to food prep, grill cooking, cleaning and sanitation of kitchen area. This person is responsible for food safety and sanitation under guidelines set by Villanova Dining Services. This person works with chefs, managers and other staff to ensure the success of the department. This erson will work with management and co-workers to instill and foster the value of the Villanova Mission Statement and the Dining Services Mission Statement. This person will focus on our Core Values : Safety and Sanitation, Friendly Courteous Service, Quality, Meticulous Attention to Detail, and Safety. All of our associates should improve our systems and overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work assigned stations such as Pasta, Stir Fry, Pizza, Grill etc.
- Follow recipes and produce food items as assigned by chefs. Maintain proper food temperatures and appearance of food. Record and maintain food production records. Be responsible for gathering ingredients, utensils, pots, pans and food from walk-ins and freezers for preparation of product.
- Clean and sanitize equipment including but not limited to hoods, ovens, grills, floors, walls, hot trucks, kettles, prep tables, broilers, char broilers and other cleaning task as assigned by chefs/ managers.
- Work special functions such as St. Thomas, Homecoming, Presidents Party, Catering events etc. as assigned by chefs/managers.
- Additional duties as assigned by chefs/managers that may include utility and pantry duties.
- High School Graduate or Formal GED.
- Basic knowledge of food service safety and sanitation procedures.
- Must have at least one year basis food service experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Basic communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with people on a constant basis.
- Basic knowledge of operating kitchen equipment and their functions.
- Ability to set-up operates, break down and clean.
- Ability to properly use knives, slicer, soft service machine and pizza ovens and other equipment as directed by chef/managers.
- Current Serve Safe Certification.
- Tools, machinery and equipment used: Knives, oven, grill, fryer, slicer, broiler, rational oven, dish machine, floor cleaning machines such as wrangler.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Ability to withstand extreme temperature. (Hot/Cold)
Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 lbs independently.
Ability to use various chemicals.
Special Message to Applicants
Monday Thursday 12:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM 3:30 PM
Friday and Sunday OFF
Posting Date: 02/24/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: $12.18/hour
Salary Band: E
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10772
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency