QuikTrip Corporate is now accepting applications for a Protective Services Specialist/Full Time Clerk to work in the Iowa Division.
- Primary Purposes of job.
Protect Employees, customers, authorized visitors, vendors, and QuikTrip and private property from harm. Deter illegal activity, theft, and vandalism within and upon QuikTrip’s leased or owned property, per QuikTrip Corporate Security Policies & Procedures.
Full-Time Clerks must provide quality customer service, complete assigned UpKeep/DAW tasks and meet operating standards by complying with and supporting QT Policies & Procedures, QT Core Values and Purpose, Standards of Store Operations, and all QT programs, at the direction of the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager on duty.
- Major Functions of Position.
- Conducts interior and exterior security checks of Store grounds and as directed, Non-Store Facilities. Essential tasks include identifying, reporting, and mitigating (within capabilities under the circumstances) observed life, fire, and safety hazards. Conducts appropriate notification to Corporate Security Operations Center to coordinate Emergency Responder or specialized services response if life, fire, or safety hazard requires immediate attention. Ensures internal sensitive areas and external access/egress points are secured per Corporate Security standards. For observed unsecured locations, determines whether site can or should be secured or suspicious circumstances necessitate notification to appropriate Corporate Emergency Contact. Ensures personnel and vehicles observed within and on Store property and Non-Store Facilities have legitimate business need for access. Initiates appropriate protocols, per QuikTrip Policies & Procedures for unauthorized personnel or vehicles. Logs results, actions taken, and unresolved mitigation measures for all hazards and security checks conducted and disseminates to appropriate Security / Operations leadership.
- Designated primary responder for Security Incident Response for incidents that occur within and upon Store property, and as directed, Non-Store Facilities. Enforces Corporate Security Incident Response policies, secures scene and potential evidence, renders first aid, and directs traffic, if required. Responds to security alarms and calls for assistance. Provides security during the transportation of large sums of cash and/or other valuables, as directed. Determines whether particular incidents require Corporate Security Operations Center notification to coordinate Emergency Responder or other appropriate specialized services response. For those Security Incidents meriting an “escalation of force,” Security Officers may effect a “citizen’s arrest” pursuant to state law and in compliance with Corporate Firearm Safety and Use of Force Policies.
- Secures and safeguards Lost and Found property. Essential tasks include appropriately securing lost/found property, updating/entering details in the Lost and Found database, attempting to locate, then transfer custody of property to lawful owner, and disposing of unclaimed property per Corporate Security policy.
- Conducts research, documentation, and preparation of evidentiary case files for Security Incidents occurring on QuikTrip property. Essential tasks include interviewing complainants, witnesses, and victims to document relevant facts. Maintains an auditable, digital archive record of every Security Incident case file created and logs data into the Security Department’s case management system. Prepares law enforcement reports on behalf of QuikTrip Corporation for those Security Incidents meriting law enforcement investigation.
- Performs other Security / Operations-related tasks and functions as directed by Management, including Physical Security Assessments of QuikTrip Stores and Non-Store Facilities per Corporate Enterprise Security System standards. Performs all duties under potentially stressful conditions and with the understanding and acknowledgement that health and safety hazards, including bodily harm or loss of life, are potential consequences. Additional duties may require travel to and from any of the states QuikTrip Corporation conducts business to perform Protective Services-related missions. These duties will include the requirement to have and maintain a current and valid driver license.
- Customer Relations.
- Comply with customer service standards as outlined in Policies & Procedures, Standards of Store Operations, Customer Service Appraisal Program, and the Food Service Appraisal Program.
- Ensure personal appearance is clean and professional looking as stated in Policies & Procedures.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws pertaining to responsible retailing, anti-trust, anti-money laundering, ADA Compliance, Food Safety, and EBT programs.
- Ensure customer safety by correcting or bringing harmful situations (wet floors, icy sidewalks, oil spills, etc.) to the attention of the Manager on duty, and (when feasible) remediating the condition or ensuring appropriate notice/warning of the condition (wet floor signs) is in place until such condition can be remediated.
- Merchandising. Complete merchandising and food safety tasks as directed by the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager on duty; paying particular attention to DAW completion, FFM Sheets, alignments, pricing, signage, while complying with merchandising programs & Standards of Store Operations.
- Store Appearance. Complete UpKeep tasks and assigned DAW tasks by complying with QT Standards of Store Operations and Career Development Tasks Guides.
- Business Operations
- Comply with the Standards of Store Operations: Business Operations.
- Record all hours worked to comply with wage and hour laws.
- Communicate problems that have an effect on store profitability and the overall business operation of the store to the Manager on duty.
- Employee Support.
- Follow Standards of Store Operations: Employee Support.
- Treat other Store Team Members in a respectful and professional manner through effective communication and teamwork.
- Give timely and honest feedback verbally and through the performance evaluation program.
- Actively participate in Store Team meetings and in one-on-one's to improve individual performance and the overall business operation of the store.
Position in Organization
|Store Manager or Assistant Manager on duty / Corporate Security Officer |
Inside the Company:
Employees, Managers, Corporate Service Center, and Corporate Security Operations Center
Outside the Company:
Customers, Visitors, Vendors, and other guests to QuikTrip property; Emergency First Responders